Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Little Love for my Little Boys ♥

So Honestly, at first sight I really thought that this Gnome stamp set from the Occasions Mini was pretty useless.  Enter stage left:  My boy's love & fascination with the movie "Gnomeo & Juliet". It got me thinking...this bearded little Gnome, with a little creativity, could look just like his "Favorite bad guy", Tybalt!  Bam! A perfect Valentine's card was born!
 
 
I'm a little bit proud of myself here... check out my creativity making that awesome garden fence out of the "Stripes" Embossing folder :)
 
 
 
Keeping in mind that most people have no need to create a gnome version of Tybalt, here's a similar card that I made using this set:
 


I made this Valentine for my cute, happy little God Son :)
 
Inklings Tips:


~ I adhered the So Saffron pattern DSP to the cardstock and ran the Early Espresso paper through the bigshot with the Stripes embossing folder.  I used a border sticker from  Nursery Suite quick cuts for a seamless transition. 
 
~ I used the heart stamp & a versamark pad to create a background on the Bashful Blue CS. I then stamped my image, cut it out and mounted it on early espresso.  I used Stampin' Write markers to color the baby Gnome.  
~ For the heart balloon, I stamped the sentiment and them used the Full Heart punch to cut it out.  I sponged around the edges of the heart, popped it up on stampin' dimensionals, and used some adhesive & hemp twine to attach it to the baby Gnome's hand.  The "sweetheart" sticker is from the Nursery Suite quick cuts as well. 

 
Stamp Sets:


~Gnome Sweet Gnome (126537)



~ The background heart is from Itty Bitty Bits (120060)
~The sentiment is from the "Valentine's Day set, which retired.

 
Paper:


~Early Espresso (119686), Bashful Blue (125120), & Whisper White (100730) cardstock
~ DSP Subtles Collection Patterns Stack (117152)


Ink:


~Early Espresso Stamp Pad (19670)
~Versamark Stamp pad (102283)
~Bashful Blue (105111) & So Saffron (105114) Stampin' Write Markers


Embellishments:
 
~ Linen Thread (104199)
~Nursery Suite Quick cut Accents. No longer available, but in case you want to search, here's what they look like:


Extras:


~Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439)
~Full Heart Punch (119883)
~Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
~Textured Impressions Embossing folder ~ Stripes (123128)

 Gnomes aren't really my thing, but I'm glad I was able to make it work:).

No comments:

Post a Comment