Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday... with Elegance, my dear Watson.


Elementary Elegance is my Favorite FAVORITE stamp set in the Sale-a-Bration catalog this year... it's stunning!! This card (well, a variation of this card) was my swap card for our "Creative to the Core" Demo Camp last Tuesday.



Inklings Tips:

~ The hardest thing about this card was figuring out the right order!  First I ran the Limeade cardstock through the bigshot with the embossing folder, and then centered and adhered the white image from the top note die. 

~ I scallop punched the bottom edge of the pool party cardstock and then very carefully centered and stamped the brown image.  Next, I used the curly label punch to cut out the center. I centered the pool party sheet onto the white, and before adhering it, I stamped the happy birthday image in the center window.

~ Last, I used my versamark pad to add some subtle detail to the pool party, and then popped the sheet up on some stampin' Dimensionals.  

The variation I used for demo camp had some embossing as well...



Stamp Sets:

Elementary Elegance (125122) SAB


The bottom versamark image is from the "Bliss" set... last year's Sale-a-bration.


Paper:

~Lucky Limeade (122926), Pool Party (122924), & Whisper White (100730) cardstock

Ink:

Early Espresso Stamp Pad (19670)

Versamark Stamp pad (102283)


Extras:

Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439)

Curly Label Punch (119851)

Top Note Big Shot Bigz die (113463)

Textured Impressions Embossing folder ~ Vintage Wallpaper (120175)

 I LOVE this set!~  I keep making different variations of this card to save for my spring birthdays. It's very, uh, elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment